Chicago — Reporting that candy corn is one of the most iconic – albeit divisive – Halloween treats, Ferrara Candy Co., Inc., owner of the sector’s number one brand, Brach’s is embracing those who love the yellow-orange-white kernels by revealing the 20 states that consume it most.
Additionally, Ferrara is introducing five Halloween treats — including Nerds Candy Corn and Brach’s Minions Candy Corn. The company has also formed a partnership with CAMP, an experiential retailer, on a new IRL and virtual trick-or-treating experience.
Brach’s took a look at U.S. sales of classic candy corn flavors including Classic Candy Corn and Autumn Mix, to determine the top 20 states where candy corn fans live. Members of Team Candy Corn can be found in:
- New York
- North Carolina
The company also identified the five states where residents might not have joined “Team Candy Corn” quite yet:
“Candy corn has been a Halloween staple for more than half a century,” says Mariah Havens, director of seasonal marketing at Ferrara. “But we also know that candy corn is one of the most divisive seasonal treats and there are some people who don’t enjoy it (I’m looking at you, Nebraskans and Wisconsinites). We want everyone to be on Team Candy Corn, which is why we introduced incredible, unexpected alternatives this year, including Nerds Candy Corn and Brach’s Minions Candy Corn. Now, there’s a candy corn for everyone.”
From two new candy corn treats to a first-ever individually wrapped treat bag from Black Forest and Keebler, Ferrara’s lineup for the 2021 Halloween season includes:
- Nerds Candy Corn features candy-coated shells wrapped around soft and chewy Nerds fruity centers for a one-of-a-kind experience, with flavors including grape shells with strawberry/grape filling, strawberry-lemon shells with blue raspberry/fruit punch filling, blue raspberry shells with blue raspberry/fruit punch filling, orange shells with cherry/watermelon filling and watermelon shells with cherry/watermelon filling.
- Brach’s Minions Candy Corn combines banana, blue raspberry and vanilla flavors and is inspired by the upcoming 2022 Minions movie.
- Nerds Halloween Gummy Clusters features the crunchy, gummy candy in holiday-themed packaging.
- Nerds Fun Size Treat Bags hold three Nerds items: Nerds Gummy Clusters pouches, Big Chewy Nerds treat-sized bags and grape and strawberry mini boxes.
- Black Forest Gummy Bears & Keebler Fudge Stripes Minis Cookies combines Black Forest gummy bears and Keebler Fudge Stripe Minis Cookies in one bag.
With Halloween expected to look and feel different once again this year, Ferrara has also partnered with CAMP to develop “Ferrara’s Sweet & Scary Neighborhood,” an immersive digital experience for families. Consumers can log onto Halloween.Camp.com and click on a different candy-themed “door” every day of the month of October to discover a new game designed to get families into the Halloween spirit. From a SweeTarts Memory Game to a Nerds Spot the Difference challenge. Consumers have an opportunity to win prizes, including a year’s supply of Ferrara candy and cookie treats.
At CAMP’s physical locations families will have the opportunity to trick-or-treat in person. CAMP’s “Counselors” will greet guests with silly treat-themed riddles and challenges and will be rewarded with Ferarra treats.
“With families looking for new ways to enjoy Halloween this year, we’re thrilled to partner with Ferrara this season,” says Tiffany Markofsky, CAMP’s CCO. “CAMP helps families answer the question: ‘What Should We Do Today?’ and Ferrara’s brands are synonymous with Halloween, making them the perfect partner for our trick-or-treating experience while providing families with fun the entire month of October no matter where they are.”