Austin, MN — If seeing the country while cruising along in a one-of-a-kind, world-famous peanut on wheels has been on your bucket list, now is your chance to make it happen! For those wanting a crack at a nutty adventure, Hormel Foods Corp.’s Planters brand is looking for three Peanutters to chauffeur Mr. Peanut from coast to coast in the iconic NUTmobile vehicle, a 26-foot-long peanut on wheels.
“Since bringing the Planters brand into the Hormel Foods family in 2021, we’ve been looking forward to carrying on the tradition of hiring Peanutters to represent the Planters brand across the country,” says Yemi Gilland, associate brand manager for the brand. “This is our second class of Peanutters, and we are excited to keep the NUTmobile rolling along throughout the United States as we visit our fans in their hometowns.”
The company explains that the Peanutter positions are full-time, paid, one-year job opportunities from June 2023 through June 2024. The nuts and bolts of the job include:
- Representing the Planters brand in media interviews and appearances with local radio, television and digital publications.
- Delighting fans across the country at local community events.
- Engaging in consumer interactions and ensuring attendees and onlookers have a nutty time and a positive brand experience with the NUTmobile vehicle and Mr. Peanut.
- Joining in volunteer projects to work alongside and recognize people who give back to their communities in a big way.
Criteria for the positions are:
- Recent college graduate with a bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations or a related field.
- Desire to travel, an appetite for adventure and proficiency in nut puns is a must.
- A resume, cover letter and short video describing why you would make the perfect Peanutter submitted by Tuesday, February 14, 2023.