New York — To celebrate World Kindness Day, Kind LLC launched a campaign aimed at inspiring acts of kindness across the country. To start the celebration, Kind teamed with Beast Philanthropy Productions to encourage everyone to take part in an act of kindness, no matter how big or small, on World Kindness Day, Sunday November 13.
In partnership with Beast Philanthropy Productions, Kind provided 100,000 Kind bars to kick off MrBeast’s attempt at completing 10,000 acts of kindness for World Kindness Day. Aligned with the company’s mission to create a kinder and healthier world, one act and one snack at a time, many of the Kind products were distributed to families across Eastern North Carolina as part of Beast Philanthropy’s mobile food pantry efforts.
“Our brand has kindness at its core. We have always believed that one simple act of kindness can cause a ripple effect, creating a kinder world for all,” says Kelly Solomon, global chief marketing officer of Kind. “It was both our privilege and responsibility to spread kindness this World Kindness Day by living our purpose and leading by example.”
“This World Kindness Day, I was inspired by Kind and set out to spread kindness in my own community of Greenville, NC,” says Jimmy Donaldson, also known as MrBeast. “Giving back is one of the best parts of my job, and I’m excited to have teamed up with KIND to encourage even more kindness in my community and across the country.”
Nearly 160 Kind team members across the country signed up to spread everyday acts of kindness by dedicating their time to volunteering across several different organizations, including:
- Blankets of Hope, an organization that helps students practice empathy and kindness in an impactful service-learning experience.
- Cover the City Project, an organization dedicated to covering cities literally and physically in warmth and love through collecting and donating blankets to those in need.
- The Triad GO FAR Community 5K & Fun Run Presented by Novant Health, a race designed especially for children and families, to celebrate health and wellness in North Carolina’s local communities.
- God’s Love We Deliver, the New York City metropolitan area’s leading provider of nutritious, individually-tailored meals to people who are too sick to shop or cook for themselves.
- Minority Veterans of America, a space where minority veterans gather to connect and fight for justice for our collective communities.
- Ronald McDonald House – New York, which provides temporary housing to families from around the world as their sick child receives care in partnering hospitals.
- USO, which strengthens America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home, and country throughout their service to the nation.
Kind retail partners Harris Teeter and Instacart also supported World Kindness Day. Harris Teeter promoted the celebration through digital and in-store support, in addition to collaborating with KIND on product donation. Instacart supported KIND’s mission of making the world a kinder place by spreading the World Kindness Day message and encouraging consumers to participate in everyday kind acts on its platform.