Cleveland, OH — The National Confectionery Sales Association (NCSA) is accepting nominations for the Candy Hall of Fame Class of 2023. Nominations are open to individuals across all disciplines within the industry, from sales and marketing to engineering and research and development professionals, as well as brokers, distributors, retail buyers and category managers and suppliers to the industry. Names can be submitted now through Tuesday, January 17.
“Honoring the leaders who have made significant impacts in our industry is a gratifying experience,” notes Shelly Clarey, NCSA president. “As we approach the 52nd anniversary of the Candy Hall of Fame, we are proud to open nominations to a new class of nominees who have dedicated their careers to the confectionery industry’s continual improvement. We are excited to meet the newest class of trailblazers.”
Induction into the Candy Hall of Fame, based on support of and service to the candy industry, honors individuals who have dedicated their careers to the overall betterment of the industry.
To be eligible, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- 20 years of service to the confectionery industry (buyers must have at least 10 years of experience) and 50 years of age at the time of nomination.
- Demonstrated loyalty to building and supporting the confectionery industry through active participation over and above job requirements.
- Significant contributions to the educational and/or professional development of the industry and its initiatives and programs.
- Must attend the Candy Hall of Fame Induction event (unless it is a posthumous induction).
- Unimpeachable record of integrity and respect
- A current NCSA member.
- If retired or deceased, the nomination must be within two years of either event.
According to the association, nominations are welcomed from any source and must include proof the criteria have been met.
The 2023 Candy Hall of Fame inductions will take place on Saturday, October 21, in Tampa, FL.