Newark, NJ — Mars Wrigley has revealed the next phase in its Super Bowl LVII campaign, featuring its M&M’s brand. The campaign incorporates fun with unexpected plot twists and humorous scenarios, designed to surprise fans leading up to and during the game.
Last week, the brand announced the spokescandies would be “taking an indefinite pause” in the lead up to Super Bowl LVII and that award-winning actress, musician and producer, Maya Rudolph, would be the star of the brand’s commercial. Since it was announced that Rudolph would be starring in the commercial, she has implemented a number of changes including renaming the brand as Ma&Ya’s and adding her face to the chocolate candies’ outer shell.
The next innovation Rudolph is bringing to the brand is the introduction of clams to the line. The company says that while Rudolph has added her own comedic flare to the brand, the M&M’s spokescandies have been “enjoying the opportunity to explore their outside passions in advance of their return to their long-term and official roles after Super Bowl LVII.”
- Orange is now a meditation content host on Spotify, doing his best to help others find inner peace, whether or not he is able to do so for himself.
- Yellow spent his whole career as an M&M’s spokescandy and was frankly born to be a spokescandy, so he’s found a new home as the face of the Snickers brand, telling the world on Instagram and on stands in the latest issue of People Magazine.
- Brown is becoming a guest host at Cheddar News, offering her perspective on representation in business, starting this Friday, Feb. 3, at 9:30AM ET. Viewers can find out how to watch Brown during her journey at Cheddar News here.
- Purple is continuing her mission of spreading authenticity and acceptance through her passion for music, working with one of the world’s best vocal coaches, Cheryl Porter, to create music on TikTok and Instagram.
- Blue is becoming a sports commentator, lending his colorful take on every angle of the upcoming game.
- Red is trying to keep the spotlight and capitalize on his long tenured fame, by making his presence known on eBay to sell his M&M’s collectibles in his own store with items that remind us of his awesomeness. He’s so awesome, his first batch of collectibles sold out in just one hour!
- Green is partnering with trailblazing streetwear creator Jazerai Allen-Lord to create her very first sneaker design, telling her story across TikTok and Instagram inspiring future entrepreneurs.
The M&M’s brand’s new 30-second spot will air during the third commercial break in the second quarter of Super Bowl LVII.