Washington — Nominations are being accepted for the 2021 Confectionery Leadership Awards, which recognize two top retail or wholesale buyers, category managers and executives, according to NCA, which established the awards with Candy & Snack TODAY in 2011.
To be eligible for the award, recipients must:
- Leverage leadership, experience and insights to move the confectionery industry forward in today’s competitive landscape.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to building relationships and growing new business with confectionery manufacturers and shoppers.
- Exhibit a consistent ability to drive best practices at retail and within the supply chain.
- Act as a role model for other retailers and wholesalers through category promotion, product and merchandising innovation and cross-functional collaboration.
- Show versatility and perseverance in their category management and leadership throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Some extraordinary buyers, category managers and other retail leaders have stepped up to the plate with innovative solutions and ideas on behalf of the confectionery industry during this very unusual year,” says John Downs, NCA president & CEO. “As the retail landscape continues to evolve, we rely on our retail partners to connect us with shoppers, and I’m sure this year’s recipients will exemplify that collaborative spirit.”
The Association will promote the Confectionery Leadership Award winners throughout the year, include in exclusive features in Candy & Snack TODAY.
Deadline for nominations is November 2. To see a list of past recipients visit candyusa.com