Brach’s Desserts of the World jelly beans feature a five-flavor limited-edition assortment from Ferrara Candy Co., Inc. Each 10-ounce bag holds an assortment of chocolate macaron, strawberry mochi, churro, apple pie and lemon sorbet beans inspired by sweet treats from around the world.
“Beloved for generations, Brach’s Jelly Beans have played a distinct role in the brand’s nearly 120-year-long legacy of inspiring meaningful connection throughout the seasons with classic favorites,” says Lauren Holtz Pezza, director of Brach’s and Seasonal Marketing. “We’re constantly reviewing emerging flavors and cultural trends. More than ever, consumers are focused on making memories together over adventurous flavors and experiences and we’re excited for our new Desserts of the World Jelly Beans to help satisfy those international cravings in a stress-free way this season.”
To commemorate the debut the company is revealing fun facts about jelly beans and the global destinations that inspired the Desserts of the World flavors:
- Très Grand! It would take approximately 16,894 Brach’s Jelly Beans to line the Eiffel Tower from top to bottom.
- Big Lift! Brach’s makes approximately 15.9 million pounds of jelly beans per year which is around 35 times the weight of the Statue of Liberty in the United States.
- Going the Distance! Brach’s sells more than 2.5 billion jelly beans per year. If lined up end-to-end, that’s enough to circle Mount Fuji approximately 394 times. Wow!
- ¡Viva! Brach’s has been marking the start of spring with its Jelly Beans for the past 114 years, only 27 years after the construction began on La Sagrada Familia in Spain in 1882.
- Mamma Mia! To fill the Leaning Tower of Pisa, it would take approximately 3 billion Brach’s Jelly Beans.