Washington — The 2021 Sweets & Snacks Expo will be held at the Indiana Convention Center In Indianapolis from June 22 to 25, according to NCA.
The move from Chicago’s McCormick Place was the result of “careful consideration and close examination of all options given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and regional differences across the country when it comes to public events,” the Association reports. As of October 2020, the city of Chicago is still under coronavirus restrictions and is not permitting trade shows.
“After much discussion with our stakeholders in the candy and snack industries and careful consideration of our options, we’ve seen strong support for an in-person event,” says John Downs, NCA president & CEO. “We want to balance the safety and welfare of our attendees with their desire to conduct in-person business and therefore have decided to move forward with a show that exceeds expectations and makes every effort to keep our attendees safe.”
While next year’s show will take place in Indianapolis, NCA reports the 2022 and 2023 events will move back to McCormick Place.
During the 2021 event, COVID safety guidelines prepared by the Indiana Convention Center will be put in place and include:
- Health department approval and input required for large events.
- Temperature and health screenings.
- Face coverings in common areas and event spaces.
- Built-in six-foot physical distancing measures for floor plans, seating areas, and crowd management.
- Limited and designated entry and exit doors.
- One-way travel markers in hallways and corridors.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations,
- 24/7 air circulation and hospital-grade air filters.
- Plexiglass shields at all service areas.
- Modified food service policies, including cashless and touchless point of sale, in subsequent stages (when allowed).
- Enhanced training on COVID-19 related practices and protocols for all staff.
NCA reports booth sales will open shortly and it is working with existing exhibitors to secure spots. Attendee registration will commence in January. Visit sweetsandsnacks.com to sign up to receive notifications when registration opens. Questions on booth sales and registration can also be sent to [email protected].
The 2021 Sweets & Snacks Expo will also debut new features that were planned for the 2020 show, including the Most Innovative New Product Awards Reception and Supplier Showcase, the Association reports.