Each year, NCA’s Future Leadership Program accepts up to eight deserving young professionals (40 and under) into the Future Leadership Program. This program is highly competitive and spans the confectionery industry, accepting young confectionery professionals from a variety of positions, functions and types of companies.
Future Leadership Program applications are reviewed by a committee made up of industry professionals, including past Future Leaders, on the following criteria:
- Leadership experience
- Examples of personal and professional development
- Writing and communication skills, as demonstrated in applicants’ essay submissions
- Professionalism and the presentation of their application materials
Applicants to the Future Leadership Program must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidate must be a current employee of an NCA member company or qualified retail customer.
- Candidate must be 40 years of age or younger as of January 1, 2022.
- Candidate must have at least three (3) cumulative years of professional experience in the confectionery industry as of January 1, 2022.
- Candidate must aspire to executive leadership within the confectionery industry.
- Candidate must demonstrate commitment and dedication to NCA and the confectionery industry.
- Candidate must have the support of their employer to participate if selected.