WASHINGTON – The National Confectioners Association and Candy & Snack TODAY are now accepting nominations for the 2021 Confectionery Leadership Awards, which honor two top retail or wholesale buyers, category managers and executives.
Recipients of this award exemplify best-in-class thought leadership, category management, effective business collaboration and commitment to the promotion of the confectionery industry. To reflect the times, the 2021 Confectionery Leadership Awards will also consider nominees’ efforts and leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To receive a 2021 Confectionery Leadership Award, recipients must:
- Leverage leadership, experience and insights to move the confectionery industry forward in today’s competitive landscape
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to building relationships and growing new business with confectionery manufacturers and shoppers
- Exhibit a consistent ability to drive best practices at retail and within the supply chain
- Act as a role model for other retailers and wholesalers through category promotion, product and merchandising innovation and cross-functional collaboration
- Show versatility and perseverance in their category management and leadership throughout the COVID-19 pandemic
“Some extraordinary buyers, category managers and other retail leaders have stepped up to the plate with innovative solutions and ideas on behalf of the confectionery industry during this very unusual year,” NCA President & CEO John Downs said. “As the retail landscape continues to evolve, we rely on our retail partners to connect us with shoppers, and I’m sure this year’s recipients will exemplify that collaborative spirit.”
Confectionery Leadership Award honorees will be promoted year-round by NCA, including feature stories in Candy & Snack TODAY magazine. NCA, in collaboration with Candy & Snack TODAY magazine, created the awards program in 2011 to recognize and honor the confectionery industry’s best and most innovative category champions and leaders.
About the National Confectioners Association (NCA):
The National Confectioners Association is the trade organization that promotes the unique role of chocolate, candy, gum and mints in a happy, balanced lifestyle and the companies that make these special treats. Through advocacy and regulatory guidance, communications, industry insights and retail and supply chain engagement, NCA helps create an environment that enables candy makers and confectionery retailers to thrive. As the leading association for the $36 billion U.S. confectionery industry, NCA works to ensure that chocolate and candy are celebrated for their contributions to culture, society, the economy and everyday moments of joy. Confections are produced in all 50 states, creating jobs for approximately 55,000 workers in more than 1,300 manufacturing facilities across the country. Learn more at CandyUSA.com or follow NCA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.